5th Uttarakhand Spring Bird Festival, Thano & Jhilmil Jheel
Bird Photography Workshop by Sumit K Sen, Kolkata Birds, Bikram Grewal, Delhi Birds & Bhumesh Bharti
Saturday, 10th March 2018, 1400-1715 hrs
Sumit Sen, Bikram Grewal and Bhumesh Bharti will hold a Bird Photography Workshop at Thano Reserve Forest on Saturday 10th March 2018. The purpose of the workshop is to help familiarize participants with basics of digital bird photography, offer tips for composition and how to get the most out of your camera, and give an introduction about post-photography processing. The workshop will include lectures, demonstrations and hands-on assignments.
Sumit K Sen from Kolkata Birds will conduct the Workshop, with Bikram Grewal, Delhi Birds and Bhumesh Bharti. Sumit Sen has been photographing birds for over two decades and is a pioneer in India in the fields of Digital Bird Photography and Digiscoping. His photography is on view at https://plus.google.com/+sumitsen and is followed by over 1,370,000 people world over. He also runs a very popular birding website ‘Birds of India’ at http://www.kolkatabirds.com.
Both experienced photographers and beginners can participate in the workshop.
|1400 hrs||Onsite Registration|
|1430 -1515 hrs||Introduction and photography basics – classroom scenario|
|1515 – 1615 hrs||Skills training – field scenario|
|1615 – 1700 hrs||Post photography editing from selected images – classroom scenario|
|1700 – 1715 hrs||Wrap up|
- Participants will need to register for the workshop prior to the event.
- Participation is on first come first served basis.
- There is no fee for participation.
- Anyone interested in bird photography and with suitable equipment can join. Skill level assumed is beginner.
- There will be a maximum of 4 – 5 persons from one institution.
- Participants must carry a SLR/non SLR camera. For field exercise camera lenses with 300mm or more are desirable.
- Those participants who carry laptops can take part in the post-processing exercise ‘hands-on’. Others will watch a demo.
- Bird Photography Tips and Tricks: http://www.kolkatabirds.com/photo/birdphototips.htm
USBF5 is a PLASTIC FREE EVENT! While drinking water will be available on the festival grounds, there will be no sale of bottled water onsite. Please bring your own water bottles, if you would like to carry drinking water on the birdwatching trails or at the festival grounds.